Sunday, January 13, 2013

Revlon Girly Swatch

Today, I have a polish I have been trying to get my hands on for a while now! I know it is very sought after and sometimes hard to find, but I finally managed it! The name of this polish, of course, is Revlon Girly. 

First off, let me give you a description of it. It is a milky pink creme base absolutely packed with glitter! There are large purple, pink and magenta hexes, along with small hexes of holo pink and purple. Gorgeous!

Here, we have one coat by itself. It is a bit hard to see the pink hue of the base with my skin tone, but I assure you it is there.



It seems the trick to this polish is to start with a glob on the end of the brush and sweep multiple times over the nail to get good coverage of glitter.


The second coat really added to the appeal of the polish, making a bit of a jelly sandwich look.

I had to dab a bit of the base on the tips of my nails to keep the white from showing through too much.

For top coats, I though... you know what would look good? Matte! So, here I have the first two nails with two coats of Seche Vite and the ring a pinky finger with two coats of NYC Matte. Oh my goodness, I LOVE the matte on this polish!



I like both top coats with this, but I have to say my favorite is by far the matte!


For a better look, I took pictures of them separately!



Seche Vite

NYC Matte



I absolutely adore this polish and I can't quit gawking over it! I hope you folks enjoyed this swatch as much as I did! Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. That matte top REALLY makes the glitter look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK YOU for posting this without an opaque color as a base like everyone else has. I really can't get a good feel for if I want a polish unless I see it by itself. I didn't think I wanted it because of the tint of the bottle, but seeing your swatches, I can tell that the base is actually super sheer. You're a life saver! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment means a lot to me! I'm very glad you liked my swatch! <3

    ReplyDelete